1. How blue the ocean is when you can’t see land
2. A chilled lavender daiquiri in a martini glass
3. A cute slightly younger musician who is willing to play every song from the 90s you can think of and proclaims you the coolest girl in the bar when you name songs he doesn’t know.
4. When knowledge from #3 impresses a gorgeous silver fox sitting next to you, allowing you to hear his and his wife’s far cooler stories about their day, involving cliff diving and motorcycles and swimming with huge blue endangered fish.
5. Lapping the track, admiring all the gorgeous young things sunning themselves around it.
6. Perfect slices of beef carpacio and then dense molten chocolate cake with coconut ice cream.
7. My sister and I in bumper cars, hooting and going after Jow who was raised as an only child and could not defend himself against us. We then went to get iced tea which turned into endless rounds at the donut and cupcake bars followed by watching some spectacular karaoke. It gave my sister a break from her kid and my mom and it was everything I knew she’d want to do. While watching karaoke, I developed a theory about karaoke and glamour.
8. Being complimented (Jow and I) by many passers-by on our lounging skills as we read and “did feets” on a huge couch full of velvet cushions.
9. My mother’s happiness since we were all together and being pleased by giving us the experience.
10. The way my nephew would excitedly cat head butt me and Jow when sitting next to us at dinners.
11. Lounging in the adult only solarium, lazily swimming alone in an infinity pool.
12. Finally getting to go to a silent party where the older ladies sang along to Justin Timberlake and the teens sang along to the Jackson 5 from the two stations on our headphones.
13. Pretending to live like Lady Mary from Downton for five days, changing for dinner, lounging, eating scones and cream with only my family to worry about.