This New Year’s Day found me bright eyed and bushy tailed for the first time ever just about. After a cozy lunch of black beans and bacon soup (a variation for us on the traditional Black Eyed Peas New Year’s dish), I decided to spend the day doing things I missed doing during 2012 and things that I felt I should do to welcome in 2013. I put together an order to be shipped and packaged it, Jow and I put our clothes away (and donated some of the old), sorted mail, cooked a dinner together and we creaked through a yoga dvd before deciding to watch season 2 of Downton Abbey so we’ll be caught up for the new season starting next week. I decided to make my first board from modern inspirations from the show.
1. Sweet Dreams Caffeine-Free Herbal Tea: A relaxing, before-bed tea of chamomile, elder, lavender and rose flowers with spearmint and sweet violet leaves The Poisoner’s Apothecary
2. French Maid Apron: Boojiboo $38.75
3. Bee Seal and Sealing Wax Nostalgic Impressions $10.95
4. Butterfly Silk Bedjacket Love & Lustre $139.95
5. Brogue Trimmed Mary Janes Debenhams ₤28.00
6. Royal Lilac Beaded Needlework Chatelaine CrewelJewels $40.00